Benefits of UCF Membership
The federation has set up a system aimed at rendering a range of services to its members, which include:
- Facilitating policy dialogue on coffee related issues on behalf of the coffee trade and industry in Uganda. We monitor policy trends and ensure that the interests of the sector are taken care of through a constructive consultation process.
- Coordination of trade related issues on behalf of the coffee industry for the benefit of members.
- Provision of vital trade information that is critical to the trade activities of the members. We also publish the Coffee Year Book, Uganda Coffee News and a monthly newsletter.
- Provide Networking opportunities for members through such activities as the CEO Forum, dinners and other special events.
- Coordination of training -aimed at enhancing the skills of its members in coping with the challenges of the liberalized coffee trade locally and internationally (areas including marketing quality and documentation. Beneficiaries have included managers, marketing executives, quality controllers, local coffee roasters, as well as hotel and restaurant operators.
- Technical advice on coffee related matters.
- Programmes aimed at enhancing the quality of Ugandan Coffee including monitoring of members adherence to the UCTF code of conduct.
- Arbitration services aimed at resolving disputes regarding contracts entered into locally by UCTF members or other parties (in the coffee business) who may choose to use such services.
- Promotion of Uganda coffee:- Did you know that the Uganda Coffee home page developed in 1995, was one of the first web pages on Uganda? Did you know that UCTF hosted the first ever internet coffee tasting session in the world, between Kampala and Washington D.C?